Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Thankful. Day 9.

After reading my good friend Hannah's blog (who is doing the same gratitude posts as I am), I feel inspired for my next post. :)

I am thankful for My Parents and for My Parent-in-laws.

I know everyone says that they have the BEST parents in the WORLD. But really, they don't know what it's like to have my parents and they are the greatest parents in the entire universe. For as long as I can remember, I've always admired my parents. They have both always been my "heroes" and that hasn't changed one little bit. In fact, the older I get, the more appreciation I have for them. The more I cherish our relationship and the more I want to spend time with them! Anyone who knows my parents knows how incredibly selfless they are! Sometimes people ask me if my mom works or worked when I was a kid. Although she has had her own little side businesses and projects, she's never had a full-time job since I've been around. BUT she is always busy and always on the go. She is constantly serving others in her church callings, through the community, in the school district, in our neighborhood, at the High School and many other places. She is a giver and such a great example to me a selflessness. Another thing she always taught me was to always include everyone. I'm so grateful for that lesson, I think it helps me reach out to others I wouldn't normally do so to.

My dad is no exception of being selfless either. He too is always involved in many of the same things as my mom. Right now, he is the Mayor of Springville. Although it is a joke around our house a lot about the "Mayor", he really is dedicated to his city and community. He always has been. Springville has been his home for his entire life, aside from the two years he spent in New Zealand and the time he lived in Provo. He gives and gives to the community in many ways, right now the biggest way is through his dedication as the Mayor of Springville. Growing up, he always was on numerous boards and communities throughout the valley. He is too, always giving back to others and a great example of selflessness.


Although, I don't know if my parents give more to anyone but their children and our spouses and children. They would do anything for us! They already do so much to help us in anyway they can. They have our entire lives! They raised us to be hard workers, in the gospel, to have manners and to have standards. They are the greatest, hands down. I am so thankful for them.

As well as my parents, I am very grateful for my in-laws. They are also very selfless, loving people who care more about their children and their spouses and children than anyone else! I have felt so loved and so welcome by them from Day 1. They are both very strong members of the church who go out of their way to fulfill their callings. They definitely go above and beyond, something I really admire about them. One of the greatest qualities my in-laws have is that they never complain ever. No matter what life throws at them, no matter how they feel, no matter the circumstance-- they don't complain. They're very strong, very faithful, very loving people whom I also really admire. Plus they raised the greatest son ever to be my husband and oohh that husband of mine. He's way too good. :)

I am so blessed to have the parents I do and the in-laws I have acquired. They're amazing people whom I love so very much!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Katie Ann! I love seeing your gratitude posts every day! You are such a great writer and it really is so inspiring to read! :) I'm proud of us for doing this challenge. Hasn't it just made you happier? Love you!!! :)