Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am Thankful. Day 20.

Still behind. Still catching up. I will be at Day 21 tonight before I rest. That's a promise!

I am thankful for my families.

Yes, families. Of course my family is one of them and Tyson's family is the other. I'm sure that is a given. I know I posted about our parents and my sisters and the nieces and nephews, but I think a collective "family" post is quite necessary!

Let me start with the Clyde clan. 

I am so so glad I was born into the family I was! I love having three older sisters, even if they were a little bossy back in the day. I also am glad they were bossy (kind of), because I know it means they really just wanted me to make good choices even when I was young. I also know my parents wanted that for me as well. I don't think I was ever a rebellious child, but we all have our "teenage" years and our "teenage" mistakes. I know that my parents set the rules they did because they loved me. They loved me so much, that they raised me in the gospel and that is something I can never repay them for. Actually, there are a lot of things I can't repay them for. They continually do things for me that require much selflessness and patience and love. Three things I want to give my children more than anything (well, along with the gospel). 

I'm also so grateful for the memories I have with my family. Some of my favorites are ones we inquire on family vacations; whether it's in Disneyland with Nance family or Hawaii with each other or Lake Powell with the whole neighborhood-- they are always memorable. I don't have a lot of memories of Cami and Melia living at home, unless it was for a short period of time after they'd graduated, but we are making up for that by spending time together on weekends and holidays. Those are the times I love the most. I have an awesome family and we really care about each other and we're all living just the way our mom and dad taught us too. :)

Now for the Perkes.
I am also incredibly blessed to have married into such a wonderful family! My in-laws are some of the best people I know. Scott and Becky give their children and the in-laws exactly what my parents give us; love, patience and selflessness. They are incredible examples of this and have definitely taught it to their children. I am so glad I have the SIL's that I do! They are so much fun. I love the "girl time" we have together, whether it be journeying down to Park City or doing crafts! It's so fun and I look forward to many more years of "girl time". The Perkes family is also really good at planning things, which is so fun and gives you something to look forward to! When a holiday comes around, you better believe we know what is happening weeks in advance and I love it-- because it's something to look forward to. They are just really funny, loving and happy people and we've been blessed to live by them this first part of our lives together. It's been really fun and they are great people.

Lastly, I am grateful for MY family. Only it only may be one other person right now, I know we have good things to come. I can't wait to have our own little family, with our own little routines and traditions. I can't wait to teach our children and give them just what our parents give to us! I know parenthood will be one of the greatest blessings in our life together and I know it's something we'll love-- when the time comes. :)

Basically--- I couldn't be more lucky and I am overwhelmed with awesome family-ness. It even goes beyond our immediate families! We have loving and giving aunts and uncles and grandparents. The luck just keeps on going! I love getting together with any kind of family that we have, because it's guaranteed a good time! I know there are many, many people who would do anything for us and that is a comfort to us. And I am forever grateful for my families. :)

No comments: