Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am Thankful. Day 16.

I am thankful for music.



Whether it be Christmas tunes, Ingrid Michaelson or The Mormon Tabernacle choir-- I love it. All for different reasons, obviously! There's certain music, like Ingrid and others, who make me feel more contemplative and creative. I don't know what it is, but their music puts me in my "artist" mode and I love it. I usually listen to that sort of music on my way to photo shoots, but also just when I'm doing things around the house. Or riding my bike. This fall, one of my favorite things to do was ride my bike to class while listening to Mindy Gledhill's new album, Anchor. It was such a good time and made me so happy!

Christmas music is probably an obvious one-- it puts me in Holiday mode and I love that. I love Holidays, I really do! Every single one. But there's just something about Christmas that is different than each one. It's a combination of many things and Christmas music is the one thing that makes me so excited the season! I love Christmas. I love the Holiday season. You could say it's the only time of year I actually like snow. :)

Mormon Tabernacle Choir and other church music is probably a given as to why I like it! This kind of music brings the spirit in my life and brings me great peace and comfort. I love listening to some of my favorite church songs every Sunday and even some days in between. It makes me feel such great peace, like I said before. Whenever I am going through a trial, church music is blaring through my car speakers 24/7-- because it brings me that comfort I need. All the time. There's been numerous tearful drives while listening to my favorite church songs. Many happy times as well! All full of the spirit. I love when there are musical numbers in Sacrament meeting at church, because they without-a-doubt bring the spirit. Honestly, this may be my favorite kind of music of all.

I love the way music makes me feel-- happy happy happy. :) I am thankful for the ability it has to boost my mood and make me feel so joyous! It's a great thing.

No comments: