Monday, November 15, 2010

I am Thankful. Day 15.

I am thankful for changing seasons.

Although I spend the majority of winter loathing the weather and the snow, I still am so grateful to live in a place of changing seasons! I love change (mostly) and am always ready for the next season as the current one comes to a close. Although living in Cache Valley, there isn't really a Spring and there isn't really a very long fall. I still love each season and the uniqueness they each hold. I love to be able to experience the cold and the heat and everything in between, all within a years time! They each bring different activities, which brings different memories. Like the Fourth of July Lewiston parade and festivities or sledding up Hobble Creek Canyon on New Year's Eve... and I could go on and on.

Here's what I like about each season (yes, just the likes, because gratitude should probably be positive).

Spring:
  • Fresh
  • Flowers
  • The end of Winter!
  • The start of warm weather
  • The season I was married :)
  • Bright colors start to come out: in nature and in clothing
  • The excitement for summer begins
 Taken at the Timpanogos temple by our super awesome wedding photog, Haley Warner

Summer:
  • My birthday
  • Warm weather
  • No school! And back in the day, no work either-- just playtime
  • Family vacations and reunions
  • Snow-cones and popsicles
  • Being able to hold a tan
  • Swimming
  • Long days, warm nights and starry nights
  • Laying on grass
  • Picnics
  • More adventures happen in the warm weather
 Tyson and our niece Isabel, enjoying some snowcones

Fall:
  • Lovely colorful leaves
  • Crunching and throwing and jumping in those leaves
  • Wearing tights, scarves and caridgans
  • A fresh start
  • New school supplies
  • Crisp, but not cold weather
  • Beautiful golden light
  • Football season
  • Halloween and Thanksgiving
  • NEVER lasts long enough
Josh laying in a lovely pile of leaves

Winter:
  • CHRISTMAS!! need I say more?
  • Playing the snow
  • Sledding
  • Hot chocolate
  • Cuddling
  • Real fires in the fireplace
  • Movie marathons
  • Sweats, slippers, socks, fuzzy blankets, and space heaters
  • Snow is pretty
 Tyson and I, running the snow during out engagement picture shoot!


I love seasons and I love our beautiful earth. It's so fun to be able to experience so many things in just one place-- I love it! 
I'm so thankful for seasons. :)

No comments: