Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am Thankful. Day 25.

Since Day 25 is technically Thanksgiving Day, I think this post is very fitting.

I am thankful for being thankful.

Sounds a little redundant, eh? Well, I think not! You see, what is the point of all these great things in our lives if we are not thankful for them. Taking time to realize how blessed we are allows us to exercise that gratitude that we have within our hearts. I know that even just this blogging has opened my eyes immensely. Each day when I sit down to write the post, I think of an idea to write about and then just let it take my mind. I always end up with something a little unexpected, but even better than I imagined. It's been a great experience for me to exercise my gratitude! I have been thinking about the good things (the OH so many many good things) in my life and actually expressing my feelings for them. I've actually loved it!

Thanksgiving is that time of year when we typically do think of these things and realize our blessings. Allow it is definitely something that needs to be done more, I'm glad we have this day to remember how much we have been given! Each Thanksgiving I get to spend that time being thankful. What a great thing to have, a whole day for gratitude! I suppose that is why I started this whole being thankful month, because of Thanksgiving. But it's something I want to keep on doing, even if it isn't in blog posts, but a journal. Every week-- or even better, every day. I bet we could all come up with at least one thing each day that we are thankful for. And although today's may seem a bit redundant, I still think it is a good one. 

In this crazy world and through all of our trials, we have some things to be grateful for. Remember those things can help us get through the sorrow and overcome evil. It reminds me of Josh Groban's song, Thankful-- which I LOVE. Listen to it here... and like Josh says, "there's so much to be thankful for." Very, very true.

I am thankful. :)

Because what is a post without and picture. Oh and I'm SO thankful for him, obviously. Especially when I'm sick, which I currently am! He's the best... and so handsome. :)

No comments: