Friday, January 28, 2011

Dad.

It was my dad's birthday yesterday.

He celebrated it across the Pacific on the lovely island of Oahu, HI. 
When I called him, he was just finishing up golfing. In Hawaii. 
So I know it was a good birthday for him.

I don't want to get too mushy, but I can't make any promises.

Also, if you will remember, I posted about my father here.

But I just had to dedicate a special blog post to this man, because he deserves it. Without too much mushy-ness (but once again, I can't make any guarantees. I am his baby). 

I'll keep this short and sweet.

My Dad better be around at least as long as my Grandma has been (she's 92).
Because I'm not sure what life would be like without him.

He brings great humor into our family, always leaving us laughing.
He's a wonderful husband and made me see what kind of man a husband should be (good thing I found a pretty good catch).
He's a great friend, very caring and thoughtful of others. 
He has a heart full of service (my mom too).
He really loves his family; his wife, his daughters, his son-in-laws and his grandkids. 
He knows how to be a esteemed and successful businessman.
He is a protector and presides very well over the home.
He's there for any advice you could ever need.
He is very neat and sure knows how to organize just about anything.
He tries to make sure his family has a good time (whether it be on a trip to Disneyland or watching a fully surround sound movie in the basement). 
He is a very hard worker and is really good a yard work.
He never did learn how to do hair, but he knows how to tie every knot imaginable.
He's liked by anyone who knows him (I know that for a fact).

And we like him enough to keep him around (for at least 35 more years).

And I'm so glad he's my Dad. 


1 comment:

McKell&Janeene said...

He is a pretty great guy! I like getting advice from him.... and I am not even saying that because he pays my salary. :)