Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28th.

Two years ago TODAY this happened:

My good friend Kenzie was having a dance party at her house.
Being a good friend and all, I decided to go early and help her set up.
We made some awesome streamer decorations and I mixed together the homemade rootbeer.

Once the party began, I sat on the chair along the wall texting my friend Melissa to see when my friends would be there.
During this time, Kenzie sent me a text that said something like this, "The boy on the couch thinks you're cute. Go talk to him!"
Nervously, I looked over and saw who it was. I remembered briefly meeting him a couple of weeks before at a basketball game. I remembered he had stood out to me, because he was really friendly.

There was no way I was going to go over and talk to him though.
I remember going into Kenzie's bedroom with her while she tried to convince me to go talk to him.

I had heard not too long after the party began that the rootbeer I made, was, well-- completely flat. Not sure what I did wrong, but I think it was a blessing in disguise.

After my friends had arrived, Melis and I decided to go grab and drink (not rootbeer). Luckily, we ran into "that cute boy from the couch" in the kitchen.
Feeling a little more gutsy after my pep talk from Kenz, I asked the boy if he'd tried the rootbeer.
He said something along these lines, "Yeah and it's way bad!"
I replied with, "Oh yeah? Well I made it!"
He then proceeded to say something about being sorry, maybe even hugged me and we all laughed it off.

I left the party that night thinking I'd never see him again... slash nothing would really happen.
Little did I know, that "cute boy on the couch" would change my life.  For-ev-er.

And look at us now.


Getting ready to celebrate our one year anniversary. 

No comments: