Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthdays are a big deal in our family.

It is the truth.

So although Tyson wasn't the biggest fan of a day (or weekend) dedicated all to him-- I told him to just enjoy it, because birthdays are a big deal in our family and that's just the way it is. And always will be. 

We started out the birthday with a trip last weekend to Cache Valley, celebrating with Tyson's family and some close friends. Saturday night we had a little get together at a church in Smithfield. We had some good food, good company, and good volleyball games. Three things that our birthday boy enjoys!

On his actual birthday (February 7th) it was just the two of us. I made him some lunch and we picnicked in the living room. Then after the BB (birthday boy) got off of work, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for some yummy dinner. After our meal, we went home to open presents and then the BB and I enjoyed some red velvet cheesecake and the Jazz Game. 
We ended the festivities this past weekend by going out to Ruby River with family on Saturday and then cake and ice cream at my parent's on Sunday. All in all, it was a great birthday!
And I'm sure Tyson thinks so too. :)

Now, for the photos! 
And yes, I made the BB take a lot of solo shots during Birthday celebrations. He toughed it out and pleased me by taking all of them with a smile. Thanks BB. Love you tons. 

 Best balloons ever!
BB showing off his button.
 Two cakes=a lucky BB.
 This might be blurry, but it was too good not to keep slash post.
 That's right-- one breath! No cubs this year... :(
 Pin the soccer player on the soccer ball!

The actual day of birth:

 I made the BB some lunch.
 I'm such a creative wife.
 The picnic.
 Action shot.
 The BB with his birthday loot.
 Pretending to blow out the candle, since we had nothing to lite it with. :)

And lastly, the decor:

I love birthdays.

3 comments:

Courtney Kearns said...

You are the reason my 20th birthday was my favorite... so yes, you are REALLY good at birthdays.

curtis and jacque dana said...

So fun! Is that Christina in the pin the soccer player on the ball game??? I had a couple classes with her! Hope youth are doing well(:

tifsong said...

you are so cute!
and birthdays are my absolute favorite too! go us!