Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A very Happy Birthday to my Mamacita.

It's my Mom's birthday today!

Happy Birthday Mother dear.

What can I say: my mom has not only GIVEN me so much, she has taught me more things that have left a lasting impression my my heart.


A few life lessons I learned from my Mom:

Be giving. Always include everyone. Serve others, often!
 
How to cut fruit properly. How to make a well-rounded, colorful meal. And many other tid-bits in the kitchen that have helped me become a better cook myself.
How to sew and make beautiful quilts (even if she did help me a lot on them).

The basics to gardening, weeding and planting flowers.

Although "clean your room" was her most frequent phrase to me-- it has finally stuck! It may have taken a few years, but I know how to clean and how to clean WELL.
 
The importance of going to church every week. Family prayer. Living by the Spirit. The sacredness of the temple.
 
How to have a pretty home and a lovely wardrobe.
Just to name a few.

I don't know where I'd be without my mom!

One of my biggest aspirations in life is to be a mother myself! 
It's something I've always wanted and something I am really looking forward to.

One of the main reasons I want to be a mother, is so I can try to be at least half of a mother than my mom has been to my sisters and I. 
Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you have a really great day.

We love you!

 My beautiful mother and I.
 Also a fabulous Grandma!
 Her favorites-- the beach and Diet Coke with lime.
 All the girls!
Best parents around!

1 comment:

Kati said...

You do have a beautiful, wonderful mother. Happy birthday Aunt Nat!